Sunday, September 13, 2015

Riding the Writing Roller Coaster & Feeling Wri-polar

I have a little analogy that we give our NICU parents at the hospital and it's something that I can compare to my writing experience as well. The Roller Coaster. There are days when I am at the incline of the ride and I think I am the funniest writer out there and every agent will want my book. Then, my guts plunge upward and threaten to spill out of my mouth, with twists and turns and feelings of inadequacy. (One Day) I love this MS, I will make it into a series because I love it so much. (Next Day) Should I just tuck this MS into my "Save for my posterity because they will think I'm awesome no matter what pile" and start over on a new book, maybe one that was on a MSWL somewhere on Twitter. (Next Day) I get an email from a Twitter cheerleader friend *coughs Michelle's name* and I'm back at the top of the incline shouting my own praise for my masterpiece. Hi, my name is Pam and I am "wri-polar" (Writer's bi-polar) I can go from one extreme to the next in a matter of 12 hours. But, I have some good family/Twitter therapists that are helping me and I guess it's good to have a little humble and a little cocky in this crazy world.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Pam! I love this post (I think all writers suffer from this!) and I love your writing. Thanks for the shout out, my friend!

    ReplyDelete