Monday, September 21, 2015

It was a WIN, long before the results were in!

Not going to lie, there is a box of tissues beside me as I type this post (don't judge). Now here's the story:

I just happened to notice a hashtag one day while scanning through Twitter, #PBParty, and being the party girl that I AM, I clicked on it. The heavens opened and the angel by the name of Michelle Hauck descended. There before me was her website detailing a contest for picture books and CHAPTER BOOKS!!!!!! (and the choirs started singing). First of all, I loved the entry criteria. The concept of the first 50/100 words was brilliant. Second, I love the teamwork aspect (enters second angel Sharon Chriscoe) of having two party hosts. Third, the week long party after entry day, truly was a PARTY!!



I was able to meet so many wonderful PB/CB authors and find out so much about them through the daily prompts set-up by our fab hostesses. I loved all of the hints, tips, and comments made. It was through this "waiting-period week" that I  quickly realized, I had already WON! Anyone can win a contest, but you can't always find priceless friends, write-tips, and CPs.

Now for the big news...I AM A FINALIST! After I scared my three year old half to death by screaming in her ear, I broke out the tissues.




I don't think Michelle and Sharon will ever know what this has meant to me. Your names will forever be part of my heart and my author journey bio. You have given me a great chance and if we ever meet, I know we will be fast friends! Thanks again, and I can't wait for Wednesday and many writing years with my new found #PBParty friends. 

4 comments:

  1. And that's why we do it! You're welcome and here's to hoping for lots of success stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you, Pam! Look out, world! Here comes Max!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Pam! Loved reading this story - my tissues were no where to be found at 4:02 pm yesterday! 😳 Here's to lifelong writing adventures & buddies started through this amazing contest!
    ~Monica ( author of Cupcake Wars)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and congrats to you too! Being the carb-lover that I am, your title was already a favorite for me. Good luck tomorrow. *rainbow sprinkles* for lots of requests!

      Delete