Monday, November 9, 2015

Donuts and Revising

So, I got thinking last night about my mental revising process. It always starts with, "No, I don't think I can do that. I've already revised and I think I'm good." Such is my reaction when someone offers me a whipped maple bar donut and I'm trying to watch my waistline, "No, no thanks. I'm good." Then, I catch a whiff of the maple goodness. Likewise, I keep thinking of how I could revise and eventually I see a tiny light where I could possible change something, so I dive in a little. I have a little taste of the donut. Yes! Yes! Yes! This is soooooo good, how could I ever deny myself this piece of heaven? Same reaction to my brilliant revisions. Yes! Yes! Yes! This is soooooo good!

Revisions may not always seem possible, hitting the delete key is always a knife to the chest (not going to lie, sometimes I cut and paste on a separate document and revisit my previous words), but the end result is always something I am so much more in love with. So here's me handing you a virtual whipped maple bar and telling you it is too good! REVISE, REVISE, REVISE!






No comments:

Post a Comment